Wildeye Installation: Pressure Transducer
Wildeye Pressure Transducer (part# ACC-SEN-TD6975)
- Medium to high strength PVC Glue (Photo C: Christy’s Red Hot Blue Glue)
- PVC Primer(Photo C: Oatey Purple Primer)
- Teflon Tape
- Tape Lock Tee (T-Junction) (Photo A)
- You’ll need to know the size of the irrigation line you’re installing on. Use your t-junction to fit the following two PVC adapters
- ½” to ¾” Male PVC Adapter (Photo B)
- ½” to ¼” Female PVC Adapter (Photo B)
|Photo A: Tape Lock Tee||Photo B: PVC Adapters||Photo C: Primer and Blue Glue|
- Put on protective eyewear and latex gloves
- Starting with the PVC primer coat the smooth outside surface of the ½” to ¼” Female PVC Adapter. Then take the ½” to ¾” Male PVC Adapter by the threads and coat the inside of the adapter with PVC Primer. Next, use the PVC Glue and coat the surfaces previously primered. Immediately after you have coated the PVC adapters with glue, Insert and twist the ½” male end into the ½” female end. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Measure two (2) inches of drip tape, where you plan to install the pressure transducer. Cut the section away perpendicular to the irrigation line.
- Screw the Tape Lock Tee onto the joined PVC Female and Male adapter.
- Wrap the threads of the pressure transducer with Teflon Tape.
- Screw in the pressure transducer into the joined PVC Female and Male Adapter.
- Screw the Tape Lock Tee onto the irrigation line, secure to post so that the pressure transducer is vertical against the ground.